1. Prepare PU4 Bread: Place bread slices on a sheet pan in an even layer. Pour Thick-It® Clear Advantage® Thickened Water Mildly Thick (Nectar) over bread. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate. Allow bread to thoroughly soak for 2–4 hours or overnight.
2. Cut prepared PU4 Bread into 1/4 inch cubes.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, place Thick-It® Omelet with Sausage and Cheddar Cheese Purée. Add prepared PU4 Bread cubes and gently mix to combine.
4. Cover and microwave on high for 30–60 seconds until hot and steaming (165°F). Stir. Hold at 140°F or higher until served.*
*ALTERNATIVE METHOD: Heat Thick-It® Omelet with Sausage and Cheddar Cheese Purée in a sauce pan until hot and steaming (165°F), stirring occasionally. Hold at 140°F or higher until served.
5. Test Puréed Breakfast Casserole per IDDSI Testing Methods (Puréed Diet, PU4) using the Fork Drip Test and Spoon Tilt Test before serving. Refer to IDDSI.org for details.
6. Portion with 1/2 cup.
7. Discard any unused portions of prepared recipe.
1. If desired, garnish Puréed Breakfast Casserole with prepared PU4 Bread cubes.
2. Serve on a personal sized casserole dish or other appealing serving dish.
Protein 11.37 g
Total Carbohydrates 19.63 g
Total Fat 12.02 g
Sodium 653.10 mg
Cholesterol 223 mg