1. Prepare PU4 Pound Cake: Cut cake in 3/4-inch slices. Place sliced cake on a sheet pan in an even layer. Pour Thick-It® Clear Advantage® Thickened Water Mildly Thick (Nectar) over cake. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate. Allow cake to thoroughly soak for 2-4 hours or overnight.
2. Place Thick-It® Mixed Fruit and Berry Purée in a sauce pan and heat on cook top to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 15 seconds (CCP). Stir. Hold at 140°F or higher until service (CCP).
3. In a mixing bowl, combine whipped topping with Thick-It® Original Food & Beverage Thickener. Mix until thickened. Chill and hold at 40°F or lower until served (CCP).
4. Test prepared PU4 Pound Cake, Thick-It® Mixed Fruit and Berry Purée and Thickened Whipped Topping per IDDSI Testing Methods (Puréed Diet, PU4) using the Fork Drip Test and Spoon Tilt Test before serving. Refer to IDDSI.org for details.
5. To serve, place 1 slice of prepared PU4 Pound Cake on bottom of serving or dessert dish. Top with #24 scoop of warmed Thick-It® Mixed Fruit and Berry Purée. Garnish with 1 Tbsp of Thickened Whipped Topping. Serve immediately.
6. Discard any unused portions of prepared recipe.
If desired, serve Thick-It® Mixed Fruit and Berry Purée chilled. Hold at 40°F or lower until served (CCP).
1. Cut prepared PU4 Pound Cake into a round or other appealing shape before soaking and place on bottom of dessert dish. May also use a small ring cutter to cut prepared PU4 Pound Cake into 3 small rounds, if desired.
2. Top with #24 scoop of Thick-It® Mixed Fruit and Berry Purée. Garnish with Thickened Whipped Topping using heat-resistant pastry bag and piping tip. Serve immediately
Protein 1.72 g
Total Carbohydrates 23.21 g
Total Fat 5.99 g
Sodium 158.02 mg
Cholesterol 19 mg