1. Prepare PU4 Pound Cake: Cut cake in 3/4-inch slices. Place sliced cake on a sheet pan in an even layer. Pour Thick-It® Clear Advantage® Thickened Water Mildly Thick (Nectar) over cake. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate. Allow cake to thoroughly soak for 2-4 hours or overnight.
2. Place Thick-It® Mixed Fruit and Berry Purée in a microwave-safe bowl and cover. Microwave on high for 30–60 seconds until hot and steaming (165°F). Stir. Hold at 140°F or higher until served.*
*ALTERNATIVE METHOD: Place Thick-It® Mixed Fruit and Berry Purée in a sauce pan. Heat until hot and steaming (165°F), stirring occasionally. Hold at 140°F or higher until served.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine whipped topping with Thick-It® Original Food & Beverage Thickener. Mix until thickened. Chill and hold at 40°F or lower until served.
4. Test prepared PU4 Pound Cake, Thick-It® Mixed Fruit and Berry Purée and Thickened Whipped Topping per IDDSI Testing Methods (Puréed Diet, PU4) using the Fork Drip Test and Spoon Tilt Test before serving. Refer to IDDSI.org for details.
5. To serve, place 1 slice of prepared PU4 Pound Cake on bottom of serving or dessert dish. Top with 3 Tbsp of warmed Thick-It® Mixed Fruit and Berry Purée. Garnish with 1 Tbsp of Thickened Whipped Topping. Serve immediately.
6. Discard any unused portions of prepared recipe.
If desired, serve Thick-It® Mixed Fruit and Berry Purée chilled. Hold at 40°F or lower until served.
1. Cut prepared PU4 Pound Cake into a round or other appealing shape before soaking and place on bottom of dessert dish. May also use a small ring cutter to cut prepared PU4 Pound Cake into 3 small rounds, if desired.
2. Top with 3 Tbsp of Thick-It® Mixed Fruit and Berry Purée. Garnish with Thickened Whipped Topping using heat-resistant pastry bag and piping tip. Serve immediately.
Protein 1.72 g
Total Carbohydrates 23.21 g
Total Fat 5.99 g
Sodium 158.02 mg
Cholesterol 19 mg