1. In a baking pan, combine Thick-It® Maple Cinnamon French Toast Purée with canned pumpkin, spices, and sugar. Mix well.
2. Cover and heat in steamer to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 15 seconds (CCP). Stir. Hold at 140°F or higher until service (CCP).*
*ALTERNATIVE METHOD: May heat in sauce pan on cook top to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 15 seconds (CCP). Stir. Hold at 140°F or higher until service (CCP).
3. In a mixing bowl, combine whipped topping with Thick-It® Original Food & Beverage Thickener. Mix until thickened. Chill and hold at 40°F or lower until served (CCP).
4. Test Puréed Pumpkin Cake and Thickened Whipped Topping per IDDSI Testing Methods (Puréed Diet, PU4) using the Fork Drip Test and Spoon Tilt Test before serving. Refer to IDDSI.org for details.
5. Place #8 scoop of Puréed Pumpkin Cake on dessert dish. Top with 1 Tbsp of Thickened Whipped Topping. Serve immediately.
6. Discard any unused portions of prepared recipe.
1. Serve prepared Puréed Pumpkin Cake in a dessert bowl or other appealing dessert dish.
2. Use a heat-resistant pastry bag and piping tip to top dish with piped Thickened Whipped Topping. Serve immediately.
Protein 2.60 g
Total Carbohydrates 25.40 g
Total Fat 5.64 g
Sodium 184.87 mg
Cholesterol 28 mg