1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine Thick-It® Maple Cinnamon French Toast Purée with canned pumpkin, spices, and sugar. Mix well.
2. Cover and microwave on high for 30–60 seconds until hot and steaming (165°F). Stir. Hold at 140°F or higher until served.*
*ALTERNATIVE METHOD: In a sauce pan, combine Thick-It® Maple Cinnamon French Toast Purée with canned pumpkin, spices, and sugar. Mix well. Heat until hot and steaming (165°F), stirring occasionally. Hold at 140°F or higher until served.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine whipped topping with Thick-It® Original Food & Beverage Thickener. Mix until thickened. Chill and hold at 40°F or lower until served.
4. Test Puréed Pumpkin Cake and Thickened Whipped Topping per IDDSI Testing Methods (Puréed Diet, PU4) using the Fork Drip Test and Spoon Tilt Test before serving. Refer to IDDSI.org for details.
5. Place 1/2 cup of Puréed Pumpkin Cake on dessert dish. Top with 1 Tbsp of Thickened Whipped Topping. Serve immediately.
6. Discard any unused portions of prepared recipe.
1. Serve prepared Puréed Pumpkin Cake in a dessert bowl or other appealing dessert dish.
2. Use a heat-resistant pastry bag and piping tip to top dish with piped Thickened Whipped Topping. Serve immediately.
Protein 2.60 g
Total Carbohydrates 25.40 g
Total Fat 5.64 g
Sodium 184.87 mg
Cholesterol 28 mg