1. Prepare PU4 Bread: Place bread slices on a sheet pan in an even layer. Pour Thick-It® Clear Advantage® Thickened Water Mildly Thick (Nectar) over bread. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate. Allow bread to thoroughly soak for 2–4 hours or overnight.
2. Cut prepared PU4 Bread into 1/4 inch cubes.
3. Place Thick-It® Omelet with Sausage and Cheddar Cheese Purée in a baking pan. Add prepared PU4 Bread cubes and gently mix to combine.
4. Cover and heat in steamer to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 15 seconds (CCP). Stir. Hold at 140°F or higher until service (CCP).*
*ALTERNATIVE METHOD: May heat in sauce pan on cook top to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 15 seconds (CCP). Stir. Hold at 140°F or higher until service (CCP).
5. Test Puréed Breakfast Casserole per IDDSI Testing Methods (Puréed Diet, PU4) using the Fork Drip Test and Spoon Tilt Test. Refer to IDDSI.org for details.
6. Portion with #8 scoop.
7. Discard any unused portions of prepared recipe.
1. If desired, garnish Puréed Breakfast Casserole with prepared PU4 Bread cubes.
2. Serve on a personal sized casserole dish or other appealing serving dish.
Protein 11.37 g
Total Carbohydrates 19.63 g
Total Fat 12.02 g
Sodium 653.10 mg
Cholesterol 223 mg