Recipe Library — Consumer
6 slices whole wheat bread, seedless (1 ounce per slice)
1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Cup + 2 Tbsp Whole Milk
1 Cup + 2 Tbsp Non-Fat Dry Milk Powder
1 Tbsp Thick-It® Original Food & Beverage Thickener
- Wash hands before beginning preparation. Begin with cleaned and sanitized surfaces and equipment.
- Remove crust from bread slices and discard. Tear bread into pieces and add to food processor. Pulse bread to fine crumbs, about 1 minute. Place in bowl.
- Whisk cream, vegetable oil, and milk together in a bowl. Add non-fat dry milk powder and whisk to combine. Whisk in Thick-It® Original Food & Beverage Thickener.
- Pour liquid over breadcrumbs and fold to thoroughly combine. Let mixture sit 5 minutes.
- Test consistency before serving per IDDSI Testing Methods for IDDSI Pureed Level 4 (PU4) using the Fork Drip Test, Spoon Tilt Test, and No Separate Thin Liquid.
- Portion using a #12 scoop and shape as desired. NOTE: If making large batches, consider removing crusts and freezing bread slice pieces before processing.
- If not serving immediately, generously coat top with cooking spray, cover with plastic film, and refrigerate. Hold at 40°F or lower until service (CCP). Hold no longer than 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator. Test consistency before serving per IDDSI Testing Methods for IDDSI Pureed Level 4 (PU4) using the Fork Drip Test, Spoon Tilt Test, and No Separate Thin Liquid.
- Portion using a #12 scoop and shape as desired.
- Verify final recipe and any garnishes using IDDSI testing methods for IDDSI Pureed Level 4 (PU4) before service: Fork Drip Test, Spoon Tilt Test, No Separate Thin Liquid.
- Amount of liquid can vary. Recipe may be altered to include more or less liquid and/or more or less Thick- It® Original Food & Beverage Thickener depending on the results of IDDSI testing.
- Recipe standardized and tested at 40°F. Temperature may affect IDDSI testing results.