1. Wash hands before beginning preparation. Sanitize surfaces and equipment.
2. Using 1/2 of the Sara Lee® Family Size Classic Pound Cake (SKU# 03404), cut into smaller pieces for easier processing.
3. Add pieces of Sara Lee® Family Size Classic Pound Cake to food processor. Do not overfill. Process for 20 seconds and test particle size to make sure pieces are no larger than the space between two prongs on a standard fork.
4. Place cake crumbs into pan.
5. Warm milk. Add cocoa powder, coffee, and cinnamon. Whisk well.
6. Add chocolate sauce and whisk well.
7. Combine chocolate milk mixture and Thick-It® Original Food & Beverage Thickener. Whisk briskly until thickener has dissolved. Let it thicken for one minute.
8. Pour thickened chocolate milk over Sara Lee® Family Size Classic Pound Cake.
9. Mix until thickened chocolate milk is evenly distributed. Do not overmix. Mixture may be lumpy.
10. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate. Allow pound cake to thoroughly chill for 3 hours or overnight. Hold at 40°F or lower until service (CCP).
11. Remove from refrigerator. Test consistency before serving per IDDSI Testing Methods for IDDSI Minced & Moist Level 5 (MM5) using the Fork Pressure Test and Spoon Tilt Test.
12. Portion into six even portions with a spatula or a #12 scoop and shape as desired.
Verify final recipe and any garnishes using IDDSI Testing Methods for IDDSI Minced & Moist Level 5 (MM5) before service: Fork Pressure Test, Spoon Tilt Test, No separate thin liquid.
Amount of liquid can vary. Recipe may be altered to include more or less liquid and/or more or less Thick-It® Original Food & Beverage Thickener depending on the results of IDDSI testing.
Recipe standardized and tested at 40°F. Temperature may affect IDDSI testing results
Protein 3 g
Total Carbohydrate 35 g
Total Fat 11 g
Sodium 150 mg
Cholesterol 40 mg