1. Wash hands before beginning preparation. Sanitize surfaces and equipment.
2. Cut one slice of Sara Lee® Family Size Classic Pound Cake (SKU# 03404). Slice should be 1/10 of cake. Cut slice into smaller cubes for easier processing.
3. Add cubes to small food processor and pulse 10 times. Test particle size to make sure pieces are no larger than the space between two prongs on a standard fork.
4. Place cake crumbs into a small bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, warm milk. Add cocoa powder, cinnamon (optional), and chocolate sauce. Whisk well.
6. Combine chocolate milk mixture and Thick-It® Original Food & Beverage Thickener. Whisk briskly until thickener has dissolved. Let it thicken for one minute.
7. Pour thickened milk mixture over pound cake.
8. Mix until thickened milk is evenly distributed. Do not overmix. Mixture may be lumpy.
9. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate. Allow pound cake to thoroughly chill for 3 hours or overnight. Hold at 40°F or lower until service.
10. Remove from refrigerator. Test consistency before serving per IDDSI Testing Methods for IDDSI Minced & Moist Level 5 (MM5) using the Fork Pressure Test and Spoon Tilt Test.
Verify final recipe and any garnishes using IDDSI Testing Methods for IDDSI Minced & Moist Level 5 (MM5) before service: Fork Pressure Test, Spoon Tilt Test, No separate thin liquid.
Amount of liquid can vary. Recipe may be altered to include more or less liquid and/or more or less Thick-It® Original Food & Beverage Thickener depending on the results of IDDSI testing.
Recipe standardized and tested at 40°F. Temperature may affect IDDSI testing results.
Protein 4 g
Total Carbohydrate 47 g
Total Fat 12 g
Sodium 200 mg
Cholesterol 50 mg